Air University Banner



USAF (Active)
USAFRC (Reserve)
USAF NG (National Guard)

AFITC Conference

Air Force Information Technology and Cyberpower Conference graphic

The Air University

Problems With...


AU Transcripts

CCAF Transcripts:
Phone: (334) 649-5000

Gate Status

Please Review
Traffic Advisories
On AU Home Page

HQ AU Address

55 LeMay Plaza South
Maxwell AFB, AL

The Air University Frequently Asked Questions

Below, you will find a sampling of the questions most often asked different organizations across The Air University. For easier viewing, (if more than one of these interests you), click on the question, and once you have reviewed the answer, click on the question again to close the answer block.

I am having problems getting through to your (particular) site. Is there a help desk I can call?

We (the base web shop) and several organizations within The Air University really appreciate you are asking this particular question. The first place you should look is the Student Access web page. On this page, you will find many of the particular contacts for many of our programs, schools, colleges and institutions. This should be your FIRST course of action.

How do I obtain my transcript from The Air University?

To obtain your (non CCAF or AFIT) transcript, use the following information: AU Transcript Request Format.

How do I obtain my transcript from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)?

To obtain your CCAF transcript, use the following information: CCAF Transcript Information.

I'm having a problem with a particular course, who can I contact to help me?

Course and password issues can be promptly resolved using the Student Access information page. Please DO NOT call 42d Comm Sqdn or 42ABW/PA for course or password issues.

Can we use material from your website in our classes?

In accordance with public web policies for DoD and USAF, referred within DoDI 8550.01 Enclosure 3(1)(c)(2) through (6) it basically states any works by a DoD employee or any officer or employee of the United States Government as part of their official duties are not protected by copyright in the United States in accordance with Title 17, United States Code. This includes documents authored by DoD employees during official assignments to attend School. However, USG works may contain or incorporate privately owned copyrighted work(s) that are used with permission of the copyright owner or otherwise in accordance with law. Such incorporation in a USG work does not place the private work in the public domain. Look for a clear disclaimer detailing the copyrights identifying specific works (information, images, video, sound, design, code, template, service, technology) and contact the specific copyright owner (who should be identified) for your specific use. For non-copyrighted information, "use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested." Which is also why AFI 35-107 "Public Web Communications," states in paragraph 3.3.6., "Ensure security and policy review of all substantial updates or new material posted to the publicly accessible Web site. Subsequent reviews are necessary to ensure new or updated content meets all security considerations." As a matter of course, you are welcome to use non-copyright information posted on The Air University publicly facing web site. We do request however, on printed or web based information, you provide the appropriate credits to The Air University.

I found some content that may be questionable or inappropriate. Who do I contact to review it?

If, during the course of your visit to The Air University web site you notice content that may be questionable or inappropriate, please notify either (or both) the Maxwell Webmaster and/or 42d Air Base Wing Public Affairs immediately.

How do I get hold of Professor XXX?

Privacy and Security is a major concern for everyone. As a general policy, Personal Identifying Information (PII) (which includes E-mail addresses and phone numbers) is not provided to Requestors. However, being in an educational environment with many distant learning programs, the best practice would be to notify either the Maxwell Webmaster or The 42nd Air Base Wing Public Affairs. We would then contact Professor XXX as soon as possible, providing them your contact information and we leave the decision to respond, or not, with them. We (Maxwell-Webmaster or 42ABW/PA) are not authorized to provide this information directly.

I'm a civilian working at (DoD location or USGov location). Am I eligible to attend any of your courses?

Due to the scope and breadth of the schools, centers, and institutes that comprise The Air University, we'll refer you to the Air University’s Registrar's page. There you will find additional resources and information regarding application processes and catalogs.

How do I get a transcript? I graduated in 1997. How far back do your records go?

The Air University Registrar Services branch provides a 30 year archival data trail for The Air University Schools and is capable of producing transcripts for graduates of those schools. We recommend reviewing the PDF "AU Transcript Request if you would need to obtain a fresh transcript.

Who are the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) and The Air University (AU) accredited through?

AFIT: The Air Force Institute of Technology is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504: Telephone number 800-621-7400) and, in appropriate engineering curricula, by the Engineering Accreditation Commission, Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.

AU: The Air University is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097: Telephone number 404-679-4501) to award associate and master's degrees. The Air University achieved regional accreditation in June 2004, effective at the beginning of the 2004 calendar year.

How do I submit information to the base newspaper?

You can submit articles and photos for possible publication consideration to the organizational Maxwell-Gunter Dispatch account.

Who do I contact on issues with my CDC?

You can send an E-mail to AU Education Support and they will assist you.

How do I find out about graduation activities for people attending Officer Training School?

The Family and Friends website provides information and also contains links about different events including graduation week activities.

My child is participating in the ROTC field training there; who can help me with information?

You can send an E-mail to the AFROTC Operations Divsion and they will assist you.

Where can I get information on Officer Training School (OTS) parade and graduation or how to contact my child/spouse?

You can send an E-mail to the OTS Customer Service and they will assist you.

How can I get access to the base?

You can contact the Maxwell Visitor Center at (334) 953-4283 for information on gaining access to the base.

Non-Air University Specific Frequently Asked Questions

How can I find out about doing business with the Air Force?

Information concerning doing business with United States Air Force organizations is centralized through the Air Force Acquisition Agency. Please use the Acquisition Agency link for more information.

How can I obtain copies of military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty, or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (Military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the United States Government. An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse, or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number, or present address. If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is:

National Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63132
Phone: (314) 538-2050/4243

< Back

Last Updated: 27 March 2017