Do hip extension as part of your regularly scheduled strength exercises, and
add these modifications as you progress: Hold table with one hand,
then one fingertip, then no hands; then do exercise with eyes closed,
- Stand 12 to 18 inches from
a table or chair, feet slightly apart.
- Bend forward at hips at about
45-degree angle; hold onto a table or chair for balance.
- Slowly lift one leg straight
backwards without bending your knee, pointing your toes, or bending your
upper body any farther forward.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Slowly lower leg. Pause.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Alternate legs until you have done 8 to
15 repetitions with each leg.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15
- Add modifications as you