Side Leg Raise
Do leg raise as part of your regularly scheduled
strength exercises, and add these modifications as you progress: Hold
table with one hand, then one fingertip, then no hands; then do exercise
with eyes closed, if steady.
- Stand straight, directly
behind table or chair, feet slightly apart.
- Hold onto table or chair for balance.
- Slowly lift one leg to side
6-12 inches out to side. Keep your back and both legs straight. Don't
point your toes outward; keep them facing forward.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Slowly lower leg all the way down. Pause.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Alternate legs unti you have done 8 to 15
repetitions with each leg.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating
- Add modifications as you