Back to Strength
Strengthens upper-arm muscles.
- Sit in armless chair with your back
supported by back of chair.
- Keep feet flat on floor even with your shoulders.
- Hold hand weights straight down at your sides,
with palms facing inward.
- Slowly bend one elbow, lifting weight
toward chest. (Rotate palm to face shoulder while lifting
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Slowly lower arm to starting
- Repeat with other arm.
- Alternate arms until you have done 8 to 15
repetitions with each arm.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating repetitions.