Back to Strength
Strengthens muscles in abdomen and
thighs. Your goal is to do this exercise without using your hands as you become stronger.
- Place pillows on the back of chair.
- Sit toward front of chair, knees bent, feet flat on floor.
- Lean back on pillows in half-reclining
position. Keep your back and shoulders straight throughout exercise.
- Raise upper body forward until sitting
upright, using hands as little as possible (or not at all, if you can). Your
back should no longer lean against pillows.
- Slowly stand up, using hands as little
- Slowly sit back down. Pause.
- Repeat 8 to 15 times.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 repetitions.