Back to Strength
Alternative "Dip" Exercise For
Back of Upper Arm:
|This pushing motion will strengthen
your arm muscles even if you aren't yet able to lift yourself up off of
the chair. Don't use your legs or feet for assistance, or use them as
little as possible.
- Sit in chair with armrests.
- Lean slightly forward, keep your back and
- Grasp arms of chair. Your hands should be level with
trunk of body or slightly farther forward.
- Tuck feet slightly under chair, heels off the ground,
weight on toes and balls of feet.
- Slowly push body off of chair using
arms, not legs.
- Slowly lower back down to starting
- Repeat 8 to 15 times.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 repetitions.