Back to Strength
Strengthens muscles in front of thigh and shin. Use
ankle weights, if you are ready.
- Sit in chair. Only the balls of your feet and your
toes should rest on the floor. Put rolled towel under knees, if needed, to lift
your feet. Rest your hands on your thighs or on the sides of the chair.
- Slowly extend one leg in front of you as straight as
- Flex foot to point toes toward head.
- Hold position for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Slowly lower leg back down. Pause.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Alternate legs until you have done 8 to 15
repetitions with each leg.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating