Back to Strength
Strengthens ankle and calf muscles. Use ankle weights, if you are ready.
- Stand straight, feet flat on floor, holding onto
a table or chair for balance.
- Slowly stand on tiptoe, as high as
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Slowly lower heels all the way back
- Do the exercise 8 to 15 times.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 repetitions.
As you become stronger, do the exercise
standing on one leg only, alternating legs for a total of 8 to 15 times on each leg.
Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating repetitions.