Back to Strength
Side Leg Raise
Strengthens muscles at
sides of hips and thighs. Use ankle weights, if you are ready.
- Stand straight, directly behind table or chair,
feet slightly apart.
- Hold onto a table or chair for balance.
- Slowly lift one leg 6-12 inches out to side.
keep your back and both legs straight. Don't point your toes outward; keep them facing forward.
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Slowly lower leg. Pause.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Alternate legs until you have done 8 to 15
repetitions with each leg.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating