Back to Strength
(If your shoulders aren't
flexible enough to do this exercise, see alternative "Dip" exercise.)
Strengthens muscles in back of upper arm.
Keep supporting your arm with your hand throughout the exercise.
- Sit in chair with your back supported by back of chair.
- Keep feet flat on floor even with
- Hold a weight in one hand. Raise that arm straight
toward ceiling, palm facing in.
- Support this arm, below elbow, with
- Slowly bend raised arm at elbow, bringing hand
weight toward same shoulder.
- Slowly straighten arm toward
- Hold position for 1 second.
- Slowly bend arm toward shoulder
- Repeat the bending and straightening until you have done
the exercise 8 to 15 times.
- Repeat 8 to 15 times with your other arm.
- Rest; then do another set of 8 to 15 alternating repetitions.