Stretches muscles in back of thigh.
- Sit sideways on bench or
other hard surface (such as two chairs placed side by side.
- Keep one leg stretched out on
bench, straight, toes pointing up.
- Keep other leg off of bench,
with foot flat on floor.
- Straighten back.
- If you feel a stretch at this point,
hold the position for 10 to 30 seconds.
- If you don't feel a stretch, lean forward
from hips (not waist) until you feel stretching in leg on bench, keeping back
and shoulders straight. Omit this step if you have had a hip replacement, unless
- Hold position for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Repeat 3 to 5 times on each side.