-- RETURN TO TOP --
Strategies and Plans
Department of Transportation (DoT)
National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
Man-Portable Air Defense Systems (MANPADS) threat to aviation
Bridges, Dams, and Tunnels
U.S. Coast Guard
Ports, Harbors, and Rivers
- Department of Transportation home page
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA), within DoT
- DoT news page, including component offices for air, sea, and land
- Research and Special Programs Administration (RSPA), DoT -- includes innovation, emergency transportation, pipeline safety, hazmat safety, etc.
- 9-11 Quick Answers
- DoT's Office of Hazardous Materials Safety
- National Security Strategic Goal, DoT, "DOT's national security strategies show how we will address security threats that have existed for
a long time as well as threats that have emerged more recently."
- DOT will employ six key strategies to achieve our National Security outcomes. We will:
- 1) take several steps to protect the transportation system from security threats;
- 2) secure the borders of the United States;
- 3) foster public awareness and acceptance of transportation security;
- 4) promote international standards for transportation security;
- 5) support the development of new security technologies; and
- 6) share timely information on security issues with stakeholders.
- 30 Oct 2001 comments by Transportation Secretary, at National Transportation Security Summit