Develops networks and builds alliances.
Engages in cross-functional activities. Collaborates across boundaries and finds common ground with a widening range of
stakeholders. Uses contacts to build and strengthen internal support bases.
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Volunteer for an interagency workgroup.
- Teach community groups how to participate in BLM activities.
- Serve on community outreach programs.
- Join your neighbors in implementing a Block Watch program.
- Network with your counterparts in other organizations. Look for ways to share
opportunities within, i.e., training, conferences, projects.
- Join or start a 4-H chapter.
- Adopt a public school or nonprofit
- Start or participate in fund raising
for a community cause.