Expresses facts and ideas in writing in a clear, convincing and
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Volunteer to record the minutes of your staff meetings.
- Provide written input for briefing papers or reports.
- Write letters to friends and relatives.
- Write an article for your
- Keep a journal.
- Write a synopsis of a program you have watched or a book you have read.
Have a colleague whose writing skills you admire critique your product.
- Buy and use a style guide.
- Use the grammar enhancement tools in
your word processor.
- Learn and use a new word each day.