Assesses current and future staffing needs based on
organizational goals and budget realities. Using merit principles, ensures staff are appropriately
selected, developed, utilized, appraised, and rewarded; takes corrective action.
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Arrange meetings with human resources managers to exchange ideas on how to better
motivate your employees.
- Learn more about position management and succession planning.
- Review other agency programs.
- Visit the homepage of the Office of Personnel (http://www.opm.gov) to keep current on
governmentwide HR issues.
- Review HR publications such as those published by the International Personnel
- Select a private sector HR practice
that has merit and see how you could implement it in the public
- Serve on a new hire selection panel.
- Participate in career days at a local
high school, technical institute, or college.
- Manage a volunteer group or program.
- Coach a SCEP/STEP candidate from
initial contact through the hiring process.
- Assist with relocation for a new