Is open to change and new information.
Adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Keep a journal to record your
observations on how you reacted to unexpected obstacles you
encountered on a project at work or home and identify and note
what you could have done differently to demonstrate more
- Associate with people who encourage you to try new things.
- Serve on a BLM strategic planning team.
- Seek experience in new, complex situations in or our outside of the workplace.
- Read biographies of individuals whom you admire who have overcome significant
adversity in their lives.
- Read publications that differ from
your beliefs to gain understanding.
- Visit a foreign country.
- Volunteer for BLM budget offices.
- Participate on a local community task
force to resolve a contentious situation.