Initiates and manages cultural change within the organization to impact
organizational effectiveness. Values cultural diversity and other individual differences in the
workforce. Ensures that the organization build on these differences and that employees are
treated in a a fair and equitable manner.
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Expose yourself to other cultures through reading, watching movies, attending festivals,
traveling. Request materials from embassies.
- Serve as an EEO Counselor.
- Participate in special employment program activities.
- Join an organization affiliated with a cultural group in which you have an interest.
- Extend yourself to people whose
backgrounds differ from yours.
- Visit museums.
- Host a visitor from another country.
- Make a concerted effort to ensure you are promoting an atmosphere of inclusiveness
that values diversity.
- Address cultural and geographic differences in strategies and approaches you are
working on in your job.
- Discuss the richness of diversity in
society with your children.
- Learn a foreign language.
- Schedule and participate in cultural
- Participate in BLM international
- Start a foreign exchange program with
other natural resource programs.