Balancing interests of a variety of clients; readily readjusts priorities to
respond to pressing and changing client demands. Anticipates and meets the need of clients;
achieves quality end-products; is committed to continuous improvement of services.
Ideas for Developing this Competency:
- Design and conduct a survey of all of your internal and external customers.
- Make sure that serving your internal and external customers is a premier consideration
in your daily interactions and is factored into the decisions you and your team make.
- Discuss ways you and your
colleagues can improve customer service in your work and incorporate those ideas into your policies and procedures.
- Keep a journal of how you were treated as a customer.
Learn about giving good customer service from being a customer.
- Interview someone in a customer service business to determine standards and measures to track results.
- Interview someone in a private-sector
business that is known for quality customer service.
- Answer the main phone lines or work in
the Public Room.
- Establish a customer service award for