- Officer Candidates (OCs) will arrive at Maxwell AFB, AL on the Saturday before the class start date (CSD).
- Officer Candidates can fly into Montgomery Airport and can take a taxi to Maxwell AFB.
- The main address for the OTS Campus is 501 LeMay Plaza North, Maxwell AFB, AL 36112
Note this address is different than the mailing address
- Report to Bldg 1488 (on the back side of campus, middle dormitory) where you will find a welcome packet containing all pertinent information regarding in-processing and dorm room assignments.
- Mandatory, in-person, in-processing will be held on Sunday. Information pertaining to this in-processing will also be in your welcome packet.
- For those driving to Maxwell AFB, the Day St and Maxwell Blvd Gate are open. As you approach the campus, continue to travel North on LeMay Plaza North, as you pass the main OTS building the road will turn 90 degrees to the left and dead end into a parking lot by a series of fields. Students will utilize this parking lot during the time they are at AMS.
- Officer Candidates will be able to utilize the Dining Facility on Saturday and Sunday before class. OCs will need to bring a copy of their orders with them and will sign for all meals. Hours OCs can use the dining facility will be posted in Bldg 1488. Due to several classes being in session, OCs ARE NOT TO USE the dining facility outside of posted hours.
- There is a military clothing sales store available to students located in the OTS Shopette. Though they have a good selection, DO NOT count on them having everything you need. It is important that Officer Candidates come prepared will all items they will need prior to arriving at AMS.
- Class start date is Monday.
For those driving:
From I-65 North
1. Exit on Exit 172 (Herron St. exit). Stay in the left exit lane.
2. Turn left at the 3rd stop light (Maxwell Blvd).
3. Proceed to the Maxwell Blvd Gate of Maxwell AFB.
From I-65 South
1. Exit 172 (Clay St. Exit). Stay in the left exit lane.
2. Turn left at the 2nd stop light (Herron St.)
3. Turn left at the 1st stop light (N. Holt St.)
4. Turn left at the 2nd stop light (Maxwell Blvd)
5. Proceed to the Maxwell Blvd Gate of Maxwell AFB.
From I-85 South
1. I-85 S
2. Exit onto Day St (Exit 172)
3. Turn right at Air Base Blvd; Day Street Gate.
4. Go straight pass gate and follow street (3rd St/Mitchell St)
5. Make left on Ash Street
6. Make right on Mulzer Blvd
For JROTC related questions please call Comm (334) 953-7513
For OTS - AMS related questions please call Comm (334) 953-8424
For OTS - BOT related questions please call Comm (334) 953-9675
For OTS - COT/RCOT related questions please call Comm (334) 953-0349
For those interested in attending BOT or COT, please utilize www.airforce.com to locate a recruiter in your area.
If you are having problems contacting a recruiter or have questions regarding what a recruiter has provided you, please contact 1-800-423-USAF(8723).
For ROTC and BOT Enlisted related questions please call your local Education Office. Not going through your local Education Office can prevent acceptance into a ROTC/BOT program.
For all other ROTC related questions please call AFROTC Recruiting at 1 (866) 4AFROTC