RCOT Inprocessing Instructions MEMORANDUM FOR RCOT TRAINEES FROM: 23 TRS/DO (Director of Operations)
SUBJECT: RCOT Trainee Pre-arrival and Inprocessing Instructions
1. Welcome to Reserve Commissioned Officer Training! Report to building 1491 (see paragraph 5 for directions) on the OTS campus on your class arrival date in civilian clothes between 1200-1600 hours (12-4 pm CST). If you are unable to report by 1600 hours, contact the Staff Duty Officer (SDO) at 334-462-4411 when you arrive at Maxwell AFB so that he or she can ensure you have lodging for the night. Upon arrival, you will receive a Welcome Package with additional inprocessing instructions.
2. In order to gain access to Maxwell Air Force Base, you must have a picture ID (military ID preferred) with travel orders, proof of vehicle insurance, and vehicle registration (if driving). If you drive, look for OTS directional signs, which will lead you to the OTS campus. Maps of Maxwell AFB and the OTS campus will be available when you arrive.
3. Before you begin training, please ensure your financial obligations have been met and any urgent personal business has been settled. Your time and ability to tend to these matters will be limited. Your ability to travel off base will also be limited during RCOT.
4. Be sure to bring the following: travel orders (10 copies), official documents (military records, diplomas, vaccination/shot records, copy of marriage license, DD Form 214, etc.), and military ID card or picture ID. You will also need $40 cash (small bills, please) in hand the first day.
You will also be required to pay cash for all meals eaten during training (approx $3.00/meal). In addition to cash, you must also bring a credit card or checkbook to pay for any additional uniform items you may need during training.
5. To reach building 1491, travel north on LeMay Plaza just past the main OTS building. Proceed through the 90-degree left turn and park in the parking area at the end of this road.
6. If you have questions or problems, please contact the Assitant Director of Operations at (334)953-0304. Upon arrival, if you require emergency assistance after duty hours (between 1700 – 0800), contact the SDO at the number listed in paragraph 1. Be sure to contact us immediately if you receive an injury or encounter a problem that may affect your training..
Director of Operations
For JROTC related questions please call Comm (334) 953-7513
For OTS - AMS related questions please call Comm (334) 953-8424
For OTS - BOT related questions please call Comm (334) 953-9675
For OTS - COT/RCOT related questions please call Comm (334) 953-0349
For those interested in attending BOT or COT, please utilize www.airforce.com to locate a recruiter in your area.
If you are having problems contacting a recruiter or have questions regarding what a recruiter has provided you, please contact 1-800-423-USAF(8723).
For ROTC and BOT Enlisted related questions please call your local Education Office. Not going through your local Education Office can prevent acceptance into a ROTC/BOT program.
For all other ROTC related questions please call AFROTC Recruiting at 1 (866) 4AFROTC