-- RETURN TO TOP --
Schools and Courses
DoD research papers
- See also same section on Intelligence page
- See Military Education Online, Professional Military Education (PME) and Professional Continuing Education (PCE), for all services
- Information Operations Primer, US Army War College
- DOCNET Information Operations online course
- DoD Instruction 3608.11, "Information Operations Career Force"
- DoD Instruction 3608.12, "Joint Information Operations (IO) Education"
- AF Research Lab - Human Effectiveness Directorate
- Information Operations
- Competency-Based Information Operations Training
- Live-Virtual-Constructive Electronic Warfare Training
- Cultural Modeling and Audience Awareness
- CryptoLinguist Training
- Decision Support for Target Assessment
- Training and Rehearsal Tools for Psychological Operations
- Human Performance Improvements for Information Warfare C2
- Center for Cyberspace Research (CCR), Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) - "Our objective is to provide advanced Cyberspace education/training & lead cyber force development."
- Information Literacy Toolkit - for the Knowledge World, from the Dept of the Navy Chief Information Officer
- JFSC, Joint Command, Control & Information Operations School (JC2IOS)
- Senior Information Warfare Applications Course (SIWAC), Air University
- Information Warfare Division, Airpower Research Institute, Air University
- Defense Information School (DINFOS) "The DINFOS mission is to train military and civilian personnel within DoD, other Federal agencies, and selected foreign nations in Public Affairs and Visual Information career fields."
- DoD Joint Course in Communication (DoDJCC) - especially check out the CAPSTONE projects on perceived ethics, communications in a variety of contexts, and deception
- AF Command and Control Training and Innovation Group (AFC2TIG), Hurlburt Field, FL
- C2 Warrior School, Hurlburt Field, FL -- includes class schedules and instructional CD-ROMs on C2, ATOs, targeting, JAOC functions, Master Air Attack Plan, CTAPS, etc.
- University of Information Technology (UIT), U.S. Army
- Naval Postgraduate School (NPS)
- Information Warfare Tutorial, 1998, originally from the Army War College, incl. learning objectives for each module
- Institute for the Advanced Study of Information Warfare
Universities & Institutes
- U.S. Army School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS), Ft.Leavenworth
- Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), Monterey
- Developing a Reliable Methodology for Assessing the Computer Network Operations Threat of Iran (local copy), by Patterson and Smith, NPS, Sep 2005
- Online Islamic Organizations and Measuring Web Effectiveness (local copy), by Daniels, NPS, Dec 2004
- Developing a Reliable Methodology for Assessing the Computer Network Operations Threat of North Korea (local copy), by Brown, NPS, Sep 2004
- Joint Military Intelligence College (JMIC)
- Yale University
- Purdue University
- University of Nebraska
- Dartmouth College
- George Mason University
- The International Cyber Center (ICC)
- "facilitates strategic collaboration and information sharing to better identify, coordinate among stakeholders, and address national and international priorities and issues related to information and communications technologies (ICT), often referred to as “cyber.”"
- Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study, George Mason University
- The Krasnow Institute seeks to expand understanding of mind, brain, and intelligence by conducting research at the intersection of the separate fields of cognitive psychology, neurobiology, and the computer-driven study of artificial intelligence and complex adaptive systems.
- Oxford University
- University of Leeds
- Monash University
- CSE 468 - Information Conflict - excellent intro to theories relating to uses of information - check lecture notes/slides
- Information conflict is concerned with how information is used in disputes, disagreements, conflicts, and survival contests and with how the information technology infrastructure influences such situations. Important recent developments in the area include the definition of a theoretical basis for the discipline using Shannon's information theory, game theory and graph theory. This module is intended to provide an introduction to the basic theoretical concepts and an overview of various applications and their practical impact.
- The SANS Institute - computer security training, certification, and research
- CERT Coordination Center - incident response services, alerts, & research
- The Computer Security Institute - "membership organization specifically dedicated to serving and training the information, computer and network security professional"
- HoneyNet Project - "to learn the tools, tactics, and motives involved in computer and network attacks, and share the lessons learned"